Primary Educational Interests:
Developing educational outreach programs and introducing innovative teaching approaches in instruction
ASCE Faculty Award, City College of New York, (2003)
This award was instituted by the ASCE chapter of CCNY to recognize faculty members in appreciation of their support, commitment and professionalism.
- Reinforced Concrete Design (Undergraduate)
- Prestressed Concrete Design (Senior undergraduate/Graduate)
- Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design (Graduate)
- Stability of Structures (Graduate – M.S/Ph.D.)
- Applied Elasticity and Plasticity (Graduate – M.S./Ph.D.)
- Condition Assessment and Rehabilitation of Structures (Graduate – M.S./Ph.D.)
- Fracture Mechanics (Graduate – M.S./Ph.D.)
Publications related to teaching:
Subramaniam K.V., Weiss, W.J., “Just-in-Time Learning: A critical Review,” Academic News, Portland Cement Association, Spring 1997.
Subramaniam K.V., “Inquiry-based learning Procedures for High-School Physics – a critical evaluation,” in preparation, to be submitted to the Journal of Engineering Education, ASEE.