Areas of Interest:
- Behavior of Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Members
- Seismic Retrofitting and Rehabilitation of Structures using FRP Composites,
- Earthquake Engineering with focus on development of cyclic models for combined loading
- Precast and Prefabricated Construction
- Ph.D., (Emphasis on Structural Engineering), Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, USA, 2009.
- M.S., (Emphasis on Structural Engineering), IIT Madras, 2005.
- B.E., (Civil Engineering), Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, 2002.
- Professor, IIT Hyderabad, September 2020 – Present
- Associate Professor, IIT Hyderabad, March 2016 – August 2020
- Assistant Professor, IIT Hyderabad, May 2012 – Feb 2016
- Research Associate, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA, December 09- March 10
- Graduate Research Assistant, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA, August 05- November 09
- Research Assistant, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany, August 03- May 04
- Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant, Indian Institute of Technology Madras August 02- May 05
REPAIR,REHBILITATION AND RETROFIT OF CONCRETE ELEMENTS
- Chellapandian M, Prakash SS, Sharma A. (2019). “Axial compression – bending interaction behavior of severely damaged RC columns rapid repaired and strengthened using Hybrid FRP composites.” Construction and Building Materials, 195, 390-404.
- Chellapandian, M., Prakash, S.S and Sharma. A. (2019). “Experimental and Finite Element Studies on the Flexural Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Elements Strengthened with Hybrid FRP Technique.” Composite Structures, 208, 466-478.
- Chellapandian M, Prakash SS., (2018). “Rapid repair of severely damaged reinforced concrete columns under combined axial compression and flexure: An experimental study.” Construction and Building Materials; 173: 368-380.
- Chellapandian M, Prakash SS and Rajagopal A (2018). “Analytical and Finite element studies on hybrid FRP strengthened RC square column elements under Axial and Eccentric compression”. Composite Structures, Volume 184, Pages 234-248.
- Surepally, N and Prakash, SS. (2018). “Improved Confinement Model for Reinforced Concrete Circular Bridge Columns Under Static Flexural Loading.” Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC Chennai (Accepted).
- Chellapandian, M, Prakash, SS and Sharma, A. (2017). “Strength and Ductility of Innovative Hybrid NSM Reinforced and FRP Confined Short RC Columns under Axial Compression”, Composite Structures 176 (2017) 205–216.
- Jain S, Chellapandian M and Prakash SS. (2017). “Emergency repair of severely damaged reinforced concrete column elements under axial compression: An experimental study”. Construction and Building Materials, 155, 751-761.
- Goudar, AG, Mondal, TG., and Prakash, SS. (2016). “Analytical and Finite Element Studies on Behavior of FRP Strengthened Beams under Torsion” Composite Structures Journal, Volume 153, 1 October 2016, Pages 876–885.
PRECAST AND PRESTRESSED CONCRETE
- Pachalla, SKS, Kankeri, P., Thammishetti N., and Prakash, SS. “Behavior of Macro-Synthetic Fiber Reinforced PPHCS Slabs at Different Levels of Flexure and Shear “, PCI Journal (Accepted).
- Pachalla, SKS, Dhara, S., and Prakash, SS. (2018) “Experimental Study on Behavior of GFRP Strengthened Precast Prestressed Hollow Core Slabs under Flexure”, Journal of Structural Engineering, (Accepted).
- Kankeri P, Prakash SS, Pachalla SKS., (2018). “Numerical and Analytical Studies on Pre-tensioned Hollow Core Slabs Strengthened with FRP, Overlay and Hybrid Techniques.” Structural Engineering and Mechanics; 65(5): 535-546.
- Kankeri P, Prakash SS, Pachalla SKS., (2018). “ Experimental and Numerical Studies on Efficiency of Hybrid Overlay and Near Surface Mounted FRP Strengthening of Pre-cracked Hollow Core Slabs.” Structures, Elsevier, 15: 1-12.
- Pachalla, SKS and Prakash, SS. (2018). “Load Resistance and Failure Modes of Hollowcore Slabs with Openings – A Finite Element Study”, PCI Journal, 63(4):25-40.
- Pachalla, SKS and Prakash, SS. (2017). “Experimental Evaluation on Effect of Openings on Behavior of Prestressed Precast Hollow-Core Slabs”, ACI Structural Journal, 114(2), 1-10pp. DOI: 10.14359/51689155.
- Kuntal, V.S., Chellapandian, M., Prakash, SS., (2017). “Efficient Near Surface Mounted CFRP Shear Strengthening of High Strength Prestressed Concrete Beams – An Experimental Study”, Composite Structures, 180 (2017) 16-28.
- Kankeri, P and Prakash, SS. “Effectiveness of Hybrid Bonded Overlay and NSM CFRP Laminate Strengthening on Behavior of Prestressed Hollow Core Slabs at Different Levels of Combined Flexure and Shear”, Composite Structures Journal (Accepted).
- Pachalla, SKS and Prakash, SS. (2017). “Load Resistance and Failure modes of FRP strengthened Precast Hollow Core Slabs with Openings”, Materials and Structures Journal, Springer Ltd. Vol. 50, Issue 3, 2017, 14 pp.
- Kankeri, P., Prakash, SS. (2016). “Experimental Evaluation of Bonded Overlay and NSM GFRP Bar Strengthening on Flexural Behavior of Precast Prestressed Hollow Core Slabs” Engineering Structures Journal, Elsevier, Vol.120, pp. 49-57, May 2016.
- Pachalla, SKS and Prakash, SS. (2015) “Efficient Near Surface Mounting CFRP Strengthening of Pretensioned Hollowcore Slabs with Opening– An Experimental Study”, Composite Structures Journal, Elsevier, Volume 162, Pages 28-38.
FIBER REINFORCED CONCRETE
- Joshi SS, Thammishetti N, Prakash SS, Jain S., (2018). “Cracking and ductility analysis of steel fiber reinforced prestressed concrete beams in flexure”, ACI Structural Journal, 115(6).
- Joshi SS, Thammishetti N, Prakash SS., (2018). “Efficiency of Steel and Macro- Synthetic Structural Fibers on the Flexure-Shear Behaviour of Prestressed Concrete Beams”, Engineering Structures Journal, Vol. 171, pp. 47-55, DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2018.05.067
- Srikar, G., Goudar AG., and Prakash SS. (2016). “A Study on Residual Compression Behavior of Structural Fiber Reinforced Concrete Exposed to Moderate Temperature Using Digital Image Correlation”, Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, Springer, Volume 10,Pages 75-85, DOI: 10.1007/s40069-016-0127-x
- Jain, S., Prakash, SS. and Subramaniam, KVL. (2017). “Monitoring of Concrete Cylinders with and without Steel Fibers under Compression using PZT Smart Sensors”, Journal of NDT& Evaluation, 35(59), Springer, DOI: 10.1007/s10921-016-0376-2
LIGHTWEIGHT CONCRETE AND MASONRY ELEMENTS
- Rasheed MA, Prakash SS, Raju G, Kawasaki Y., (2018). “Fracture Studies on Synthetic Fiber Reinforced Cellular Concrete using Acoustic Emission Technique,”. Construction and Building Materials; 169: 100–112.
- Rasheed, A, and Prakash, SS. (2018). “Uni-axial Tensile Behavior of Hybrid-Synthetic Fiber Reinforced Cellular Light Weight Concrete- An Experimental Study using DIC”. Construction and Building Materials Journal (Accepted).
- Rasheed, MA, and Prakash, SS. (2018). “Experimental Study on Compression Behavior of Fiber Reinforced Cellular Light Weight Concrete Masonry Prisms “, ACI Materials Journal, Volume 115, Pages 149-160.
- Rasheed, MA, and Prakash, SS. (2015). “Mechanical Behavior of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Cellular Light Weight Concrete for Structural Applications of Masonry”, Construction and Building Materials Journal, Elsevier, Vol. 98, pp. 631-640, DOI 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.08.137.
- Suriya Prakash, S. and Alagusundaramoorthy, P. “Behaviour of masonry wallets and shear triplets retrofitted with GFRP composites”, Cement Concrete and Composites Journal, Elsevier, Vol. 30, 745-761, 2006.
- Suriya Prakash, S. and Alagusundaramoorthy, P. “Experimental study on masonry wallets and shear triplets externally bonded with GFRP Composites”, Journal of Indian Institution of Civil Engineers, Vol. 88, 24-31, May 2006.
- Suriya Prakash, S. and Alagusundaramoorthy, P. “Behaviour of masonry load-bearing walls retrofitted with GFRP composites”, Journal of Structural Engineering, 36, No. 2, 73-81, June/July 2007.
- Prakash S.S., Aqhtaruddin, M., and Dhara, S., (2015) “Behavior of Soft-Brick Masonry Small Assemblies with and without Strengthening under Compression Loading”, Materials and Structures Journal, RILEM, 15 pp. DOI 10.1617/s11527-015-0695-2.
RC COLUMNS UNDER COMBINED LOADING
- Kothamuthyala SR, Thammishetti N, Prakash SS, Vyasarayani CP., (2018). “Optimization-Based Improved Softened Membrane Model for Rectangular Reinforced Concrete Members under Combined Shear and Torsion.” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, (Accepted).
- Mondal, T.G., and Prakash, SS (2018). “Flexural Hysteresis Behavior of Circular Concrete Bridge Columns an Improved Approach”, Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC Chennai (Accepted).
- Mondal T. G. Kothamuthyala, SR and Prakash S.S. (2017). “Hysteresis Modelling of Reinforced Concrete Columns under Cyclic Torsional Loading.” Structural Engineering and Mechanics Journal, Techno-press, Vol. 64 No. 1, October 10, 2017, 1-12pp.
- Mondal, T. G., and Prakash, S. S. (2015c). “Improved Softened Truss Model for Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Circular Columns under Combined Torsion and Axial Compression.” Magazine of Concrete Research, ICE (UK), Vol. 67 No. 1, 12 pp
- Goudar, AG, Mondal, TG., and Prakash, SS. (2016). “Improved Softened Membrane Model for Reinforced Concrete Circular Bridge Columns under Torsion” Journal of Bridge Engineering ASCE, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000907, Pages 1-12.
- Mondal, T. G., and Prakash, S. S. (2015a). “Effect of Tension Stiffening on the Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Circular Columns under Torsion.” Engineering Structures Journal, Elsevier, Vol. 92, pp. 186-195.
- Mondal, T. G., and Prakash, S. S. (2015b). “Effect of Tension Stiffening on the Behaviour of Square RC Columns under Torsion.” Structural Engineering and Mechanics Journal, Techno-press, Vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 501-520.
- Mondal, T. G., and Prakash, S. S. (2015d). “Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis of RC Bridge Columns under Torsion with and without Axial Compression”, Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Volume 21, Issue 2, DOI. 10.1061/ (ASCE) BE.1943-5592.0000798, 040 (2015).
- Suriya Prakash, S., Li, Q., and Belarbi, A., “Behaviour of Circular and Square RC Bridge Columns under Combined Loading including Torsion”, ACI Structural Journal, 109, No. 3, May 2012, pages 317-328.
- Prakash, SS., Belarbi, A., and You, Y.M. “Seismic performance of circular RC columns subjected to axial, bending, and torsion with low and moderate shear “, Journal of Engineering Structures, Elsevier, Vol. 32, No. 1, 2010, Pages 46-59.
- Suriya Prakash, S., and Belarbi, A. “Towards damage-based design approach for RC bridge columns under combined loadings using damage index models”, Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Taylor & Francis Group Journals, Vol. 14, No. 3, 2010, pages 363 – 389.
- Belarbi, A., Suriya Prakash, S. and You, Y.M. “Effect of transverse spiral reinforcement on the seismic flexural-shear-torsional behavior of reinforced concrete circular bridge columns”, Journal of Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2009.
- Suriya Prakash, S. and Belarbi, A. “Bending-shear-torsion interaction features of RC circular bridge columns-An experimental study”, ACI Special Publication-SP265, Vol. 265, 2009, Pages 427-454
- Belarbi, A., Suriya Prakash, S. and Silva, P.F. “Incorporation of decoupled damage index models in the performance-based evaluation of RC circular and square bridge columns under combined loadings”, ACI Special Publication-SP271, Vol. 271, 2010, Pages 79-102
- Kolanu, NR., Prakash, SS. and Ramji, M. (2016). “Experimental Study on Compressive Behavior of GFRP Stiffened Panels Using Digital Image Correlation”, Ocean Engineering, Elsevier, 114, 290-302, DOI: 10.1016/j.oceaneng.2016.01.034.
JOURNAL PAPERS UNDER REVIEW
- Chellapandian, M and Prakash, S.S and Sharma A. An experimental study on the behavior of hybrid CFRP strengthened short RC column elements under eccentric compression. FIB Structural Concrete, Wiley Ltd. (Under Review).
- Chellapandian, M., Jain, S. and Prakash, S.S. Compression Behavior of Short RC Columns Repaired after Cyclic Pre-Damage using Hybrid FRP Composites under Axial Compression. Structures Journal, Elsevier Ltd. (To be submitted).
- Kuntal, V.S., Chellapandian, M., Prakash, SS., “Effect of Bonding Materials on NSM CFRP Shear Strengthening of High Strength Prestressed Concrete Beams”, ACI Structural Journal (To be Submitted)
- Mondal, T.G., Vyasarayani, CP, and Prakash, SS. “Application of Homotopy Technique in the Parameter Identification of Bouc-Wen Type Model”, Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures Journal, Taylor and Fracis Ltd. (Under Review).
- V.V. Rangarao, K.V.L. Subramaniam, S. Suriya Prakash ‘Lateral Reinforcement System and Method for Concrete Structures’, Patent Number: 3001/ CHE/2015 dated 16 June 2015
- V.V. Rangarao, K.V.L. Subramaniam, S. Suriya Prakash ‘Lateral Reinforcement System and Method for Concrete Structures’, US Patent No. 9719245 B1, Aug. 1, 2017
- Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design (Aug 2012 – Present)
- Prestressed Concrete Design (Jan 2013 – Present)
- Structural Engineering Lab (Jan 2013 – Present)
- Engineering Mechanics (Jan 2013-2015)
- Construction Materials Lab (Aug 2014 -Present)
Details of Sponsored Projects
|Total budget of projects completed/on-going||~Rs. 4 crores|
|Number of sponsored projects completed||5|
|Number of projects ongoing||3|
|S.No.||Title||Funding Agency||From – To||Duration||Sanctioned Amount||Role|
|1||Resilient and Sustainable Fiber Reinforced Masonry Systems for Rural India||DST Ramanujan Fellowship||2012-2017||5 Years||Rs. 35,00,000||PI|
|2||Shear Flow Estimation and Damage Assessment of RC Columns under Combined Loading Including Torsion||DST (Extra-Mural Scheme)||2014-2016||3 Years||Rs. 34,00,000||PI|
|3||Behavior of Masonry Assemblies Retrofitted with TRM Strengthening||DST (young Scientist Scheme)||2014-2016||3 Years||Rs. 24,70,000||PI|
|4||Embedded smart sensor design for internal stress and damage detection in concrete||DST (Extra-Mural Scheme)||2014-2016||3 Years||Rs. 37,00,000||Co-PI|
|5||Fabrication and Testing of Resilient Fiber Reinforced Hollowcore slabs for Affordable Housing||Utchattar Avikshar Yojana Scheme||2016-2019||4 Years||Rs. 49,00,000||PI|
|6||FAST- Center for Excellence in Sustainable Development||MHRD||2014-2018||5 Years||Rs. 5,00,00,000||Investigator|
|7||Development of Innovative and Sustainable Low-Cost Light-weight Precast Hollow Core Structural (LWPHCS) Systems for Affordable Housing||IMPRINT-MHRD||2018-2021||3 Years||Rs. 70,00,000||PI|
|8||Smart Hybrid Fibre Reinforced Polymer Strengthening System for Civil Infrastructrure||SPARC||2019-2021||2 Years||Rs 71,50,000||PI|
|9||Corrosion Free Reinforcing Systems for Concrete Elements with FRP Bars and Fibers||TARE- DST||2019-2022||3 Years||Rs 18,30,000||Co-PI|
Details About Student Guidance
|1||P. Sameer Kumar Sarma CE13P1007||Behaviour of Precast Prestressed Hollow Core Slabs- Effect of Openings and FRP Strengthening||Graduated in 2016; Currently Assistant Professor at IIT Jammu||Guide|
|2||Pradeep Kankeri CE14RESCH01002||Hybrid Strengthening Strategies for Precast Prestressed Hollow Core Slabs||Graduated in 2017; Currently Associate Professor in Vardhaman Engineering College||Guide|
|3||Md. Abdur Rasheed CE13M15P100001||Mechanical Characterization of Sustainable Fiber Reinforced Cellular Light Weight Concrete for Masonry Applications||Graduated in 2018; Currently a Partner in a Design Firm||Guide|
|4||M. Chellapandian CE15RESCH11005||Axial Compression – bending interaction behaviour of square RC columns strengthened using hybrid FRP composites||Graduated in 2019; Currently Post-Doctoral Fellow at IIT-H||Guide|
|5||S. Murali Sagar Varma CE14RESCH11001||Effect of Fiber Reinforcement on the Behaviour of Bottle Shaped Strut under Shear Dominant Loads||External Student||Guide|
|6||VV Rangarao CE12P0005||Effect of Pattern Specific Confinement Reinforcement on Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete||Proposal Defended||Co-Guide|
|7||Nikesh Thammishetti CE16RESCH11005||Improved Models for Analysis of Reinforced Concrete under Shear||Proposal Defended||Guide|
|8||Ganapathi Patil CE17RESCH11005||Axial Flexure Interaction Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Square Columns with GFRP Bars and Synthetic Fibres||Proposal Defended||Guide|
|9||Sumit Sahoo CE17RESCH11008||Material Characterization and Structural Assessment of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Lighweight Precast Prestressed Hollowcore Slabs||Proposal Defended||Guide|
|10||Balla Taraka Malleswara rao CE18RESCH11004||Size and Shape Effects on the Efficiency of hybrid FRP Composite Strengthening on Behaviour of RC Columns under Flexure-Shear||July 2018 onwards||Guide|
|11||Chandrashekhar Lakavath||Shear Behavior of Deep Prestressed Concrete Transfer Girders with and without Fibres||July 2019-||Guide|
|1||Md. Aqhtaruddin CE12M1010||Behavior of Masonry Assemblies with and without GFRP and TRM Strengthening under Static Inplane Loading||2014||Guide|
|2||Suraj Nakhale CE12M1012||Investigation of crack propagation in Macro-synthetic Fiber reinforced concrete||2014||Co-guide|
|3||Naresh Surepally CE13M1005||Improved Confinement Model for Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Circular Bridge Columns under Flexure Dominant Mode||2015||Guide|
|4||J. Suman Dhara CE13M1006||Behaviour of Precast Prestressed Hollow Core Slabs with and without FRP Strengthening||2015||Guide|
|5||Tarutal Ghosh Mondal CE13M1023||Evaluation of Modelling Strategies for Reinforced Concrete Columns under Pure Torsion||2016||Guide|
|6||Md. Abdur Rasheed CE13M1024||Development of Sustainable Fiber Reinforced Cellular Light Weight Concrete for Structural Applications of Masonry||2015||Guide|
|7||Gowlla Jyotsana CE14MTECH11001||Plastic Hinge Relocation in Reinforced Concrete Columns under Torsion using FRP Composites||2016||Guide|
|8||Smriti P. Hareendran CE14MTECH11007||Evaluation of Analytical Models for Reinforced Concrete Sections under Combined Loading||2016||Guide|
|9||Anand Ganganagoudar CE14MTECH11010||Development of Hysteretic Model for Reinforced Concrete Columns using Softened Membrane Model||2017||Guide|
Saumitra Jain CE14MTECH11012
|Damage Assessment of Plain and Reinforced Concrete under Compression using Smart Aggregates||2017||Guide|
|11||Neenu V CE15MTECH11016||Seismic Performance of Skewed Bridges Under Different Ground Motions||2017||Guide Co – Guide Dr. Surendra Somala|
|12||Vikas Singh Kuntal CE15MTECH11019||Shear Strengthening of Prestressed Concrete Beams by NSM technique using CFRP laminates||2017||Guide|
|13||K. Sriharsha Reddy CE15MTECH11023||Evaluation of Analytical Models for Reinforced Concrete Sections under Combined Loading||2018||Guide|
|14||Suhas Joshi CE16MTECH01001||Behaviour of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Prestressed Concrete Beams under Flexure||2019||Guide|
|15||Vyshnavi Pidapa CE16MTECH11025||Shear Behaviour of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Prestressed Concrete||2018||Guide|
|16||Aniket Bhosle CE16MTECH11027||Behaviour of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Concrete||2019||Guide|
|17||Atul Mani CE13B17M100001||Flexure Behaviour of GFRP Bars and Synthetic Fiber Reinforced Concrete Beams||2018||Guide|
|Nov 2016 – Dec 2018||PI|
S. Arun Kumar
|July 2018 – Present||PI|
|July 2018-July 2019||PI|
- Teaching Excellence Award, IIT Hyderabad 2018.
- Associate Editor in Journal of Bridge Engineering , ASCE, 2018- present.
- DAAD Re-invitation Fellowship, 2017.
- Best Research Paper Award, Structural Engineering Convention, IIT Delhi, 2014
- Ramanujan Fellow, Sponsored by DST, India, 2012-2017.
- Best Research Poster Award in research showcase contest of Intelligent Systems Centre at Missouri University of Science and Technology, 2009.
- Chi Epsilon Phi, Civil Engineering Honor Society, 2008.
- Best Research Poster Award in Graduate research showcase contest at Missouri University of Science and Technology, 2008.
- UTC-Fellowship for doing PhD research work on behaviour of RC columns under combined loadings, 2006-2007.
- Missouri American Concrete Institute Graduate Scholarship in recognition of scholastic achievements during PhD, 2007.
- Tau Beta Phi, Engineering Honor Society, 2007.
- DAAD Scholarship for doing research work at Technical University- Karlsruhe, Germany sponsored by Federal Republic Government of Germany, 2003-2004.
- Graduate Scholarship, IIT Madras, 2002-2004.
- Best Outgoing Student Award for all-round performance in under-graduation at Department of Civil Engineering, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, India, 2002
- CAD Software for winning first prize in software contest held at Anna University, India, 2002
CEP/ TEQIP Courses
Role and Expert Details
|1||ICCMS 2012||International conference on Computational mechanics||Dec 2012||Session Chair||IIT Hyderabad|
|2||BTCM 2013||Rehabilatation and Restoration of STructures||Feb 2013||Session Chair||IIT Madras|
|1||CASTCON 2013||Condition and Assessment and Strengthening of Concrete Structures||July 4-5 2013||Organizer||—|
|2||FRP 2014||FRP Composites: Overview, Characterization, Analysis, Design and Applications||July 10-11 2014||Co-Organizer||TEQIP|
|3||RAISE 2015||Recent Advances in Structural Engineering and Materials||January 14-15 2015||Co-Organizer||TEQIP|
|4||—||India- Canada Workshop on Sustainable Infrastructure and Materials||January 13 2015||Co-Organizer||IC-IMPACTS|
|5||—||India- Japan Workshop on Sustainable Infrastructure||February 13 2015||Co-Organizer||JICA|
|6||GIAN||Structural Upgrade and Strengthening of Civil Engineering Infrastructure using Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites||June 13-24, 2016||
Prof DJ Belarbi,
University of Houston
|7||GIAN||Advanced Prestressed Concrete for Modern Buildings and Bridges||July 11-20 2016||
Prof Sri Sritharan,
Iowa State University, USA
|8||GIAN||Seismic Performance Assessment of Structures through Hyrbid Simulation||July 3-July 12, 2018||
Prof Oh-Sung Kwon
University of Toronto, Canada
|9||GIAN||Design of Anchorages in Concrete Construction and their Role in Structural Strenghtening||July 22- July 31, 2019||
Dr Akanshu Sharma
Stuttgart University, Germany
|GIAN, ASTR and Fischer India|
Professional Activities, Honours, and Memberships
- Associate Editor for Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE.
- Member of ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), Aug 2010 – present
- Member of ACI (American Concrete Institute), Dec 2005 – present
- Member of IEI (Institution of Engineers, India), Aug 2006 – present
- Member of Chi-Epsilon (National Civil Engineering Honour Society, USA), Aug 2006 – present
- Student member of AISC (American Institute of Steel Construction), Aug 2007 – 2009
- Member of EERI (Earthquake Engineering Research Institute), Aug 2007 –present
- Review of construction standards and application for construction in India, Aug 2013- present
- Reviewer for ACI Structural Journal, Jan 2016-present
- Reviewer for ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, Jan 2013-present
- Reviewer for ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, March 2018-present
- Reviewer for ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction, July 2018-present
- Reviewer for Elsevier Engineering Structures Journal, Jan 2010-present
- Reviewer for Elsevier Construction and Building Materials Journal, July 2016-present
- Reviewer for Elsevier Structures Journal, Sep 2018 – present
- Reviewer for Taylor & Francis Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Oct 2010-present
- Reviewer for Springer Materials and Structures Journal, Jan 2015- present
- Reviewer for Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, Jan 2015- present
- Reviewer for Smart Materials and Structures Journal, Dec 2015- present